Delaware River Report / Conditions October 5, 2020

Oct 05, 2020 Comments Off by

Below is a note from NYC Watershed.  Unless the leak presents an immediate danger to lives below the dam this is totally unconscionable during the brown trout prespawn / spawn.  If there is no immediate danger they should at least wait for a day with enough rain that the runoff from Oquaga Creek would cover the downstream stream bed.

Please take a few minutes to let NYC DEP Deputy Commissioner Paul Rush know your thoughts:

Paul Rush (NYC):, 845-334-7107

“Important news for folks along the West Branch Delaware River.

DEP will temporarily reduce the downstream release from Cannonsville Reservoir for three days starting tomorrow. The reduction in flow will allow DEP to fix a leaking pipe in the release chamber, and it will let the U.S. Geological Survey calibrate its gage immediately downstream of the reservoir.

The current downstream release from Cannonsville is set at 150 cubic feet per second (97 mgd). The following flow changes will happen starting tomorrow.

Monday – DEP will reduce the flow to 40 cubic feet per second for several hours in the morning while USGS takes readings to calibrate the gage in Stilesville. The release will increase to 150 cfs by noontime.

Tuesday – DEP will ramp down the release to zero flow by 5 a.m. The shutdown is necessary for DEP to safely repair a leaking pipe in release chamber. The shutdown is expected to last the majority of the day. DEP will also work with USGS to remove debris from around its gage. DEP will ramp back up to 150 cfs when the repair is complete.

Wednesday – DEP will again reduce the downstream flow to 40 cfs in the morning while USGS takes additional readings to calibrate its gage in Stilesville. DEP will then ramp back up to 150 cfs.”


About the author

The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet
Comments are closed.